tdlau

Saturday, June 28, 2008

Poopie Diapers and Weaning

So I went to a baby shower today. One of my oldest friends is having a baby in September. Yay! I really like going to these shower parties and playing the games. But, there is one thing I hate about baby showers... the Poopie Diaper Game. Gross! It's probably because it is still very real to me, and I don't feel like looking at different chocolate candy bars melted and smothered into the diapers. I don't like looking at it, smelling it, and analyzing it to see what kind of chocolate it is. And, of course, at today's shower, they played this game. And this time it was especially "fun" because they just made the diapers, so they were still warm. Gross!

In Elizabeth news, she has officially stopped nursing since this past Tuesday. And today, I have stopped pumping. I'm have mixed feelings about this. I spent the first month trying to figure out how to nurse properly. Then I spent the next few months nursing but then trying to get her to take a bottle. Then I went back to work and started the weaning process. Yes, I did plan to only nurse for 6 months and we made it to almost 8. But, I can't help feel a little sad. She seems fine and doesn't mind drinking from her sippy cup. But, for me, on the one hand, I can eat whatever and drink whatever I want (something I haven't been able to do for the last year and a half). I don't have to worry about finding a place to nurse. Anyone can feed her. But, it is still a sad moment in our time. We spent a lot of time and effort trying to get this thing down, and once we do, it's time to stop. It's also a loss of bonding. But, we will just have to find other ways to bond and connect. Oh well. It is what it is and now I am free.

1 Comments:

  • awwwwwww... cute cuddle picture. very wedding slideshow worthy... :)

    By Blogger Unknown, at 10:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home