The Journey So Far - 6 Months
On Thursday, Elizabeth turned 6 months old. She surprisingly great at her doctor appointment. She had one oral vaccine and two shots. She only cried out for a second and was fine. She is 26.5 inches, and almost 17 pounds. She is sitting with only a little support now. Between her 5 and 8pm feeding, as tired as she is, all she wants to do is sit next to mommy and daddy. It's really cute.
From the moment she was first born until today, I have felt the whole range of emotions. I don't know if I could love her anymore than I already do. Even though I spend all day with her, there are some nights when I miss her and just want to hold her but I can't because we already put her to bed. And, of course, there are moments when I don't feel like dealing with her and just let her cry. I feel humbled when I think of our parents and how they raised 3 kids and I have my hands full with just 1. I feel guilty for taking two days away from her so I can go to work, especially since I don't have to because daddy has a good job. And, I feel fortunate that he does. Sometimes when I let her cry, I don't know if I am doing the right thing. Other times, when she smiles and laughs, I am confident and assured. She makes me laugh and smile when she looks puzzled when trying new foods, laughs deliriously just before bedtime, smiles after rolling over, and especially when she plays with daddy. I love my family, and I love that we are a family.

1 Comments:
Perfectly put!! :) Beautiful. :)
By
Unknown, at 10:24 PM
Post a Comment
<< Home