tdlau

Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Marriage, Fathers, and Rolling Over

Sorry I haven't posted in a while. Many things have happened while we watched the Lakers self destruct.

First, we celebrated our 3 year anniversary. Somehow , we always end up eating fancy Japanese food. So far we have eaten at 1000 Crane, Yamashiro, and now Japonica. It was delicious. A definite foodie place. We ate albacore tataki (which is lightly seared albacore in a garlic butter sauce), tempura, JFC (their version of fried chicken), and spicy tuna topped tofu. We also sampled sake and drank Kirin. Overall, it was a great meal. I don't think I would order the JFC again though. I prefer Kyochon or Lollicup instead. Marriage has been wonderful. You would think since being friends forever, dating for 3 years and married for 3, you would know each other inside and out. While we do know each other very well, there are still things that come up that surprise me about Dan (and vice versa). Did you know he absolutely hates celery?

Over the weekend, we celebrated Father's Day. Friday we ate with my family. It was a combination Father's Day/Dad's birthday dinner. Hot pot at home is the best. Saturday we had an early dinner at Dan's Mom's side. And, Sunday we ate lunch at Mitsuwa with some friends and dinner at Dan's Dad's side. Elizabeth gave Dan a card, speakers, and drew two pictures for him. He didn't get a separate meal for himself, but he didn't seem to mind. It seems like Mother's Day is a far bigger deal even though Dads work really hard to support the family. Yes, moms take care of the family by doing the shopping, cooking, and cleaning, etc. But, dads (especially Dan) must work really hard to make enough money so that mom can stay at home and do all of these things. Thank you to my dad, Dan's dad, and Dan for working so hard for all these years to provide for our families.

Elizabeth has news too. She is quite the expert in rolling over now. She rolls in all directions. She is able to turn on her belly. So, she uses these techniques to get to things that are too far for her reach. She lower teeth have also started to break through. Mark sprouted teeth about a month ago and even their friend, Chipmunk, sprouted teeth at 3 months. I am glad though it has taken this long especially since we are still nursing. And we are only nursing once a day now. She seems more clingy and whiny lately, but I'm not sure if it's from the less nursing periods or that I'm home more often now, and she just missed me (I'm on summer break) or something else.

So we are doing well. Dan hates Boston this year. I'm getting used to being a mom and a house wife, and Elizabeth is learning new things every day.


2 Comments:

  • congrats on 3 yrs of marriage! :-) thanks for the update!

    By Blogger Robin, at 8:54 PM  

  • looks like you have a little artist on your hands... :) Great update.

    By Blogger Unknown, at 10:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home