tdlau

Sunday, April 26, 2009

Sharing the Gospel

Today we went to our cousin's church to watch her get baptised. She's only 9 year old and yet she feels ready to publicly profess her faith. Their church has a really strong children's program. As each person was being baptised, someone read their testimony. Many of them said that they heard it from church or somewhere and then went to their mom and dad to ask more questions. I then realized that one day I too will have the opportunity to share the gospel with my children and pray the prayer for them to accept God into their heart and lives.

For most of my life, I have appreciated people who have the gift of evangelism. I love that fact that Dan's grandmother is so blunt about the gospel. One of our friends is too. He shares the gospel every chance that he gets. I've never been on a missions trip because my job is to help support those who go through finance and prayer. Even with my dad, all I did was pray for him for about 10 years (not to underplay the power of prayer). But now, one day I will have to step up and share the good news with my children. I'm nervous. I pray that God will prepare me for that day.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home