Last month I had the opportunity to go to Riverside for a few days to learn how to teach phonics. The conference was at the Mission Inn. I was pleasently surprised. The area was quaint and nothing like I imagined. Dan came with me since he had a few days off. We decided to drive toward the college for dinner. We were recommended carne asada fries. Anyway. There wasn't much. Then I felt really sad for all of our friends who went there for college. It was an informative trip none-the-less. Dan kept joking that since I liked the mission district so much, we should move there.



As beautiful as this place was, I felt fooled. This is not a historic mission. It started off as a room and board home and eventually grew into this "mission". I don't think they should call it Mission Inn just beacuse it looks like one. They should reserve the term "mission" for those historic buildings that were built to help spread the word of God in North America.



As beautiful as this place was, I felt fooled. This is not a historic mission. It started off as a room and board home and eventually grew into this "mission". I don't think they should call it Mission Inn just beacuse it looks like one. They should reserve the term "mission" for those historic buildings that were built to help spread the word of God in North America.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home