A few weeks ago, I went up to Berkeley for an eating trip. Dan had to work, so I went by myself. It was a beautiful drive up. A little rainy, but I saw God's greatness as the sun shined through the rain clouds.
In Berkeley, for breakfast, Joy and I ate at Cafe Fanny. We had yummy coffee with prosciutto on toast with a poached egg and a ham and Gruyere crepe.
For lunch, Mike was able to join us. We ate at La Note. We all shared the gingerbread with poached pear pancake, stew, and a meat plate with pate and cornicions (little pickles).
For breakfast the next day, we ate at Stacks. We shared the waffle divine and egg's Louise (like and eggs Benedict but with crab meat).
For a snack we ate at Citizen Cakes in SF. We drank hot cocoa and ate several cakes. Mmm...
I was able to stay longer than expected, so I accidentally crashed Mike and Joy's date on Saturday. I had a great time thought :) Between all the eating we did, we went to the Legion of Honor to see the jewelry exhibit. 
I've decided that I really like Rodin. He captured the human form with a great likeness. I could see so many emotions in all of his statues. In call we refer to this statue when we talk about being pensive.

This was one of my favor pieces of jewelry there. I wasn't able to take a really good clear picture. It was very detailed and breath taking. We were also trying to look for earrings that Byron said looked like grenades. The closest thing we could find was earrings that looked more like pineapples than hand grenades. lol. 
All in all, I had a great eating trip. Even these days I crave foods that I can only find in Berkeley. Hopefully, next time Dan can come with me.

2 Comments:
wow. THAT is a feedingfest. nice!
By
Anonymous, at 8:25 PM
Yum...
By
Carina, at 10:55 AM
Post a Comment
<< Home